Here are some reasons why the holiday season is a great time to sell your home.
Step aside, spring selling season! The holidays are also a great time to sell your home, and here’s why:
1. Buyers want to be in their home before the new year. Many are interested in being moved in before January 1 so they can enjoy the tax benefit of owning a new home the previous year. People believe the real estate market is especially slow during the holidays, but we’re actually the busiest in the months before the end of the year. Understand there are still a lot of buyers who are anxiously searching for that perfect home before the year ends.
2. There are fewer homes on the market. Because of the myth that real estate dries up in the winter months, sellers take their homes off the market. This gives an advantage to those who keep theirs on the market—supply and demand tells us that the fewer homes there are, the more opportunity you have to sell.
3. Buyers have time off to view your home. For many people, it can be difficult to make it to showings due to traffic, work schedules, and overall business. With holiday time off, these people are now free to schedule appointments and see what’s available to purchase.
4. Holiday decorations increase curb appeal. So many of my buyers have made decisions based on the beautiful decorations they’ve seen on potential homes. The holiday cheer has an effect on buyers—they’ll actually imagine spending holidays with family in a well-decorated home.
5. The holiday season has blackout dates. As a seller, you may be somewhat cautious about having your home on the market due to your hectic holiday schedule. It can be difficult to be constantly available when buyers need to see your home. You can simply let us know when you don’t want your home to be shown. We can also remove our sign for times such as when family is visiting. The key is to still give buyers the opportunity to see your home.
If you have any questions, need information, or have ideas on future video topics you’d like me to cover, feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to hearing from you.